We are simply a small group of people with some shared ideals and beliefs in the context of Mendocino as a community, specifically concerning how this community can govern itself to the greatest benefit to the individual members of that community, and hence to the whole.
As a political party we seek to realize this vision by striving to elect officials to office that share our ideals and will work to achieve our long term vision.
Our overall goal is to bring our government into harmony with the well being of our citizens. This goal evolves with each election cycle and the candidates that step into the fray. Our near term goals are defined in the context of each election. But our overall Mission remains to elect candidates to office that will best advance our effort to meet our goals and thus move towards realizing our vision.
- Taxes should be kept as low as possible while still providing a sound safety net for the neediest, a robust education for all, decent health care for the elderly and the destitute, and other basics.
- In helping children and young adults reach their full potential
- Discrimination is wrong in every instance.
- In consistency, so if you are going to drug-test recipients of public assistance, drug-test them all, including the corporate chieftains who are the biggest beneficiaries.
- In the separation of church and state.
- The free and open internet is a powerful tool for everyone fighting for social change and racial justice.
- Offenders have paid their price when their sentence is up and should be helped to assimilate back into society. It is better for the community then neglecting them and watching them commit another crime.
- Police officers should act professionally, under incredibly difficult circumstances, regardless of a suspect’s race.
- In freedom of expression without compromise and public support of the arts.
- People with disabilities have an inalienable right to participate as equals in all aspects of civic and political life
- A thriving city, state and nation rests, to a great degree, in the quality of its public schools.
- Every child deserves a dedicated, dynamic teacher, regardless of what ZIP code that child lives in.
- We have only one planet, and we should protect it for our grandchildren and beyond.
- Everyone is created equal.
- People should not be treated as lesser citizens, with fewer rights, because of whom they love.
- Every American has a right to own a gun with common sense rules that help ensure safety for their family, police officers and community.
- Every American should have access to the best affordable healthcare.
- Immigration must be consistent with American values of freedom, opportunity, compassion, and respect for human rights.
- There are peace-loving Muslims.
- Children should not bear responsibility for the actions of their parents when brought to the U.S. undocumented.
- A livable wage for ALL Americans is a basic human right
- “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed. The world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of laborers, the genius of its scientists, and the hopes of its children. ” (DDE)
- Politicians should keep their promises, avoid the appearance of personal gain from the public trust, and look out for the general welfare, not that of any one special interest.
- The economy of California is built on the combination of the robust commercial and industrial enterprise of our urban areas and the abundant natural resources of our rural areas.
- Recognize the importance and dignity of seniors and that they enrich our everyday experiences
- Seek to build healthy, livable, and sustainable communities that conserve natural resources, promote smart growth, are economically prosperous, and are socially equitable
- All U.S. veterans are entitled to receive equal treatment and benefits, including education, training, health care, home loans, and other financial assistance.
- No veteran should be discriminated against due to gender identity, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or political affiliation.
- Government and employers should not be in control of a woman’s contraceptive choices or family planning decisions.
- We do not believe in endless wars.