The mission of the Inland Mendocino Democratic Club
To educate, empower, and encourage people to take action
To build a better World for all by participation in the democratic process
To promote Democratic values and Justice for all
To be a support network for progressive candidates to run for State and Local office
ARTICLE III - MEMBERSHIP AND VOTING RIGHTS
Section 1. Eligibility
Anyone registered as a Democrat, or is ineligible to vote (due to age, non- residency or other legal impediment) but pledges to register as a Democrat when eligible (Pledged), and supports the purpose of the Club as stated in Article II, above shall be eligible for membership in this club.
- Note: Membership application process, form and acceptance criteria for membership are defined in the IMDC Membership Policy (Appendix A)
Section 2. Good Standing
- Democrats and pledged Democrats, whose annual dues are currently paid, or have been waived, shall be considered a Member in Good Standing.
- Any member whose actions are judged to be prejudicial or detrimental to the club by the Executive Committee may be expelled from membership by a two thirds vote of the members in good standing in attendance at any general meeting, at which a quorum exists.
Section 3. Membership Term
- Membership Year as defined in the IMDC Membership Policy and set by the Executive Committee.
- Members shall be notified of changes to the Membership Year at least one month prior to the end of current Membership Year.
Section 4. Membership Dues
- Dues are due and payable upon joining the club, and annually at the beginning of every Membership Year thereafter.
- Amount of membership dues shall be reviewed at least one month prior to the end of the current Membership Year and recommended by the Executive Committee, for approval by the membership, to go into effect for the next Membership Year. (Note: Policy specifies amounts of individual, family, etc.)
Section 5. Voting
- A quorum shall be present prior to any vote by the membership
- Voting on all issues may be taken by, roll call, voice or show of hands
- Voting shall be monitored so that only members in good standing are voting
- Individual Membership $30 for one Membership Year
- Family Membership $45 for one Membership Year
- Hardship/low income memberships available from the Treasurer subject to approval of the Executive Committee.
- Dues shall be set by the Executive Committee at least one month prior to the last month of the current Membership Year
- Membership Year runs from September 1 through August 31, unless otherwise set by the Executive Committee.
- Membership is considered new for someone who has never been a member, has held family membership and is applying for individual membership, or whose membership has lapsed for more than a full Membership Year.
- All memberships expire at the end of the last month of the Membership Year.
- New memberships taken one month or less prior to the end of the Membership Year will be valid for the following year.
Mendocino County has implemented one of the most efficient vaccination plans in the country.
Clinics are being offered around the county. How will you find out when and where to get yours?